View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
They didnt change their opinion on the autograph, they changed their authentication based on the source, which is the entire argument made by many people. if you are friends with the authenticator, your items have a better chance of passing, and if you aren't, they don;t. How is that autograph authentication.

The tom sayers autograph at heritage had no exemplars, but got the coa, Why? probably because both authentication companies believed it to be real based on the provenance. that is not autograph authentication, it is something else.

provenance can be faked, and in many instances, faked quite convincingly. you authenticate based on provenance at your own risk.

No where on the coa's of either jsa or psa, does it say that the autograph is deemed authentic based on provenance factors. if they use provenance, they should put it on the coa. plain and simple. but they don't. they say they use exemplars and factor in slant, speed, pen pressure, etc.
You are absolutely right on this last point. If they are using provenance, they should say so in their letters. I haven't read one of their letters in a long time and don't really care much what they say (as they are never specific anyway; marketing works better that way).

And they should use provenance, which includes deeming anything with a Morales cert as being likely not genuine. That is my thought when I see a morales cert, and I won't waste time on the auto itself. My opinion is that it is likely fake, and I guess JSA has that opinion as well (don't forget that it's just an opinion, and you and anyone else can use different methods for forming your own opinions [recommended]).

This is also quite different than being buddies with someone or not, and I have not seen anything pointing to different opinions based on who actually SUBMITTED an item. I would be interested to see some.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all