View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 09:43 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default Questions for Any Topps Printing Experts Out There...

Because I've isolated some 1962 'green tint' cards that I am convinced are short prints, I need some experts to give me some insight into 'standard' Topps printing processes. This is an extremely frustrating puzzle because I have been unable to locate any pictures or examples of uncut 1962 green tint sheets.

If you have any information pertinent to the following questions, please chime in and add whatever you can to the conversation. Hopefully, some of you guys can provide me with some good, strong facts.

Thanks!

1. Did Topps always produce printing quantities of 88 cards per run?
The green tints run from #110 to 196, which means a total of 87 cards (if we assume the misnumbered card #139 of Hal Reniff fills the spot of card #159). This total includes the #192 checklist card. If there was an additional checklist included (for the upcoming series of cards), that would bring the total to 88 cards.

2. Did Topps 'always' print checklists of the current series as well as checklists for the upcoming series?
In other words, would checklist #192 have been printed in the previous run before the green tints AND also in the green tint run?

3. Very important. When Topps created short prints, was there a 'standard' number of SP's in a print run?
In other words, did they usually short print 4 cards, 8 cards or some other specific amount? Is there a definitive number of SP's based on the mathematics of the printing sheets?

4. One last checklist question. If question #2 (above) is answered yes, was the additional checklist in the run 'definitely' card #277?
You never hear about checklist #277 being part of the GT's, so this could be a very important revelation, adding it to the traditional list of GT's.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.