View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Most Post Offices do not cancel or date the mail. The mail is sent to a sorting facility. In the case of my former PO (I am now retired), the sorting facility was 120 miles away. If I mail a letter on the 8th, it will be postmarked on on the 9th. In this case, the 7th was a Sunday. I would guess the letter was mailed on Fri the 5th or Sat the 6th in order for it to receive a postmark on the 8th. It is possible that it was mailed and postmarked on the 8th, but not likely.

I wonder what date is on the check?

Rick
In a densely populated area like North Jersey isn't it likely there would be a number of sort facilities in a smaller area, such that there is a reasonable chance a letter mailed on the 8th would get postmarked on the 8th? In any event, it doesn't seem to make sense that a letter mailed on Dec. 29th would not be postmarked until Jan. 8th.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-12-2018 at 04:46 PM.