View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Here are some sad looking pics I took today. My Dad owned a salvage yard back in the 60's-70's. I got the car as a real young kid for doing work on another car. It has set in this exact spot for 30+ years.

It is covered in snow but the Red Ram Hemi pictured has an automatic transmission with the adapter plate to but a 727 small block tranny to the old Hemi engines. It is sad to see these sit outside and decay. Wish I cared enough to do something about it.
I can see that bad boy going down the street, love the look. I will get some pics up, and maybe that will get you motivated to make that look like mine.
Get that engine inside, and cover that car...please, lol. Is it up on blocks? Looks like alot of its there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post
What is the name of the color ? I have a '74 Javelin AMX that looks exactly the same hue ; it's from the factory listed as '' Metallic Plum'' ....MikeGarcia
Hmmm, let me check into that. I have pics of when i got it and stages of restoration. I have no clue how to put those pics[developed pictures,before digis] on the cp. Im not very good with the computers, lol. Its def. a metallic. blend, I will find out, damn its right on the tip of my tounge. Metallic Burgandy? No, that dont sound right. My parents have a 6 bay, and they are keep there 5 miles away. I will be over there this week.

Last edited by oldcardboard; 01-19-2014 at 09:40 PM.