Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 07:21 AM
Jay Shelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
right a safe movie with guaranteed people not hating it....not taking any risks...the acting was pretty good and I like the fact less CGI than the last 3 movies..but I thought the storylines were better last 3 movies...

I hate that everything is so convenient in the movie how things related to each other..i was waiting on Fin being related to Lando....

isn't it easier to blow up something before they finish making it..you figure they had to know halfway through that something was up....just like the partial death star..

also hate how a former stormtrooper can fight a jedi pretty equal for awhile....took skywalker a lot longer to be that good...
Actually, Kylo Ren is not a Jedi. He is a dark side "wannabe." Thus the quote by Snoke to "complete his training" near the end of the movie. Rend has less experience as a character in the force than Luke did by the end of the Empire Strikes Back (2nd movie to me

We've seen the movie twice so far (amazing what you pick up the 2nd time around; i.e. dialogue), and seeing it twice helped with the lightsaber flashback/forward sequence with Rey. I thought the film very good. Much better than the prequels, and much better written, directed, and acted. I find it amusing that Lucas is now flaming the movie; with quotes such as "I would not have done it that way" and Disney is a "white slaver." When he was paid billions for the franchise, he walked away from it, and Disney had NO obligation to go with any of his future treatments, ideas, etc. Actually, Episode VII is a much better movie in part BECAUSE Lucas is not part of the equation....

Last edited by Jayworld; 04-14-2016 at 11:01 AM.