View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 07:52 AM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Mickey Mantle's 1963 Salary. In 1963, baseball player Mickey Mantle earned $100,000, at the time one of the top salaries in the league. This is equivalent to $810,934 in 2018 dollars, far less than today's top players who can make more than $30 million.

That was a top salary, imagine if you weren't a star. These guys sign as a retirement fund. Now a days, they don't need to do that.

I'm a huge Jeter fan... Can you blame him for having high price points? Obviously everywhere he goes, people know him. There's 325 million people in the u.s. alone. There's 7 billion people in the world. Startling numbers, and no, not everyone in the world wants a Jeter autograph. Let's just say 1-10 Americans want it, that's 3.25 million autographs he would have to sign... that's insane, imagine the time that would take. And that's just in America...

Now on to the 90's problem. I grew up going to card shows on a weekly basis. I was young, but still remember all the sleaziness that was going on. For example on here, the joe d hidden playboy autograph. Can you blame these guys for being dicks? How bout we turn it around and blame all the money sucking idiots who ruined it for the true collectors. Maybe instead of watching the guy open up the hidden playboy issue, someone should have punched him in the face and ripped up the playboy issue and gave it back to joe d, I'm sure he would have liked that... just saying