View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
My Quest to collect all 153 stubs from the Pirates 1971 season is entering the fourth year and has essentially grinded to a halt. This stub I picked today is the first in many months. More importantly it is the first Expos 1971 home ticket I have seen. It seems that home Expos and Padres tickets are quite difficult to find. Has anyone else noticed this or is it my imagination? If so is this scarcity only for 1971?
Mike, it's not your imagination. Both Expos & Padres vintage tickets are exceedingly scarce. One additional note: The large majority of Expos tickets from this era are generic Ticketmaster variety, making the one that you just found all the more sweet. Congrats on your find!

By the way, I can feel your pain with regards to having a long slog between finds. My friend Tony just found one Nolan Ryan appearance ticket that has been on my want list forever (1979 @ TEX, another very challenging place to find tickets during the 1970's, BTW).

After 46 years of collecting this theme, I only need 48 of Nolan's 807 career regular season pitching appearances. My goal is to find 4-5 new ones every year, but I find that even finding that many is a genuine challenge...

Last edited by Scott Garner; 05-21-2018 at 05:56 AM.