View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Val Kehl

Default I attended this show on ...

Saturday. Drove up with a very long-time collector friend. Picked up my winning from the Goodwin Auction - the shipping-cost savings helps pay for the gas to drive up from VA. Sure, it's not the old Willow Grove or Ft. Washington, but I enjoyed myself even tho I acquired only one card for my type collection. Yes, many of the dealers need to take Customer Relations 101 - I tend to treat those dealers with the same amount of respect (or, lack of) that the give me! Met a few Net54ers (wore my Net54 pin - thanks again Leon!) - had a great chat with Ted Z., who was most helpful and informative. Got introduced to another very long-time vintage card collector from Lynchburg, VA (a friend of Paul Pollard, who passed away last year, from the 1970s or eartlier) who was not familiar with Net54 - we chatted for an hour or so, during time which he promised to join Net54 - this is one of the aspects that makes going to a live show fun! Plus, although the glossy auction catalogs are nice, I get a greater charge out of seeing the good stuff, such as a Boston Garter-Matty, live and in person. Besides, I had to go because I knew I couldn't last until next March (Valley Forge & Chantilly Shows) to get my next bb card show "fix." I also vote for bringing the National back to Baltimore asap and often!
Val