View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Ryan, you make me want to do something similar with the Cardinals from that set. How do you have the cards positioned in the frame so that they don't slip?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
You're going to laugh, but it's just felt. I went out to this place that sold black felt, bought some, and glued it to the back board of the frame. As for the cards, I placed them face down on the glass, lined them up the way I wanted them, and carefully placed the back board of the frame on top. It took me a few tries to get it right, and the OCD part of me sees they aren't placed perfectly, but it still looks great.

If that's not your cup of tea, I'd suggest going with what are called "mounting corners". I got a package of them in clear and was gonna use them, but I tried this first and it worked well. They have adhesive on the back side so you shouldn't need any glue.

And the Cardinals with all the red, to go along with the sky blue and green grass is going to look amazing. I can't wait to see it.

P.S. None of these cards I got are mint, in fact they all have flaws, (I preferred it that way) so I didn't mind being as careless as I was with the way I placed them in the frame. If you have mint or near mint I imagine you would want to be more careful than I was.

P.P.S I'm trying to think of another set I can do. I wanna stay away from anything Topps because I'm already collecting Topps Braves cards. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not looking to go expensive.