View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 05:58 PM

Default A few more HOF sigs for your examination

At the suggestion of Michael, I'm going to start a new thread for you vintage autograph sleuths. As before, all help will be appreciated.

Joss is a steel tipped fountain pen on a piece of paper glued to cardboard. I tried to peel back a corner of the paper to see if I could tell what was on the back of the paper, but it looked like it would destroy the autograph, so I stopped.

The Vance is a real 33 Goudey. Parts of the sig look good to me, other parts don't.

The Bender Cracker Jack appears to be a real vintage card but I am not sure. It has been trimmed and glued to white paper. I have tried to peel back the paper and the back appears to be a Cracker Jack on very thin paper. I know it is not a modern Dover reprint. it is signed in steel tipped pen which unfortunately skipped badly on the B in his name.

The Wilbert Robinson is a pencil cut with some damage. At one time this was glued to a glossy photograph but it has been cut from the photograph. According to a note I found, I acquired this from Dan Ginsburg.

The Mathewson looks like it was taken from the back of a writing tablet or the inside of a book and is on cardboard. I have always had considerable doubts about this one.

Spalding is a very small fountain pen cut. Considerable doubts about this one as well.

Candy Cummings- sure hope this one is good. It is a handwritten receipt in pencil on aged lined notebook paper.

Thanks guys!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg joss.jpg (16.4 KB, 433 views)
File Type: jpg dazzy.jpg (49.5 KB, 434 views)
File Type: jpg bender.jpg (43.4 KB, 424 views)
File Type: jpg bender2.jpg (19.9 KB, 431 views)
File Type: jpg matty.jpg (33.5 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg robbie.jpg (15.7 KB, 434 views)
File Type: jpg spalding.jpg (13.3 KB, 426 views)
File Type: jpg cummings.jpg (75.3 KB, 433 views)