View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 01:46 PM

Default Mouschi's Rolling Canseco Pickup Thread

Some of the best collections out there are probably stored in boxes in closets, which is a shame. The only air time they get is when talking to other collectors about what you have. Whenever I say anything about cards to anyone I know, they have a sneaking suspicion that I'm really a 12 year old with a beard.

I thought I'd take this time to post up a thread that will show some recent pickups I have made for my personal collection. Some will be cheap and some will be expensive. I'll try to update it as frequently as possible, and will show the card I have displayed on my desk for that day.

Not only that, but I would like to post a short story along with each card, whenever possible.

Here is the first!

2013 Panini America's Pastime Jose Canseco Eckersley Dual Autograph #/15

There was a long period of silence for Canseco collectors. From 2007 to 2012, Canseco simply didn't have very many cards to speak of that looked all that collectible to many. Sure, there were some down right strange cards of him playing poker, cards of him in a suit, etc. but not many that I feel showed him as the true slugger he was.

For me, Panini broke the silence in 2013. This card was different from the others - plus, it was a booklet - with Dennis Eckersley's autograph on it as well! This is a win-win for me, because I LOVE Eck as well. This is a card that I would have went bananas for when I was a kid ... heck, I still go bananas for it now! This card screams 1989 dominance all over.

Sure, there are no logos, but Panini does a great job hiding them inconspicuously, and they use plenty of GREEN to trick your mind into thinking that it is a legit A's card .

This came folded up in a case in a collection I purchased a short while ago, and it was only yesterday that I put it in a booklet holder to display next to my monitor. I think it is a great addition to the PC!

Have any Canseco cards I may need? HIT ME UP!