View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostdone View Post
I find your search for Canseco items fascinating. I started doing that with Ken Griffey jr back in 1989. By 1993 it was impossible to keep up and this was before the Internet and eBay. I continued getting cards I liked but didn't have for a few years but ended up giving up when I stopped buying packs. I think I have around 600 different cards of him.

Anyway, my question was how many autographs of Canseco do you have total. I know about your meeting him and all the blanks you have for future projects but in total do you have a count?

I'm just curious. I am much more a vintage collector now and usually don't keep duplicates of anything but lately I have found I am collecting Stan Musial autographs. While I have a total of 5 Griffey autos I just made a deal with another board member and acquired my 6th Musial putting him in the lead.
Strange how collections grow and change over time without realizing it.

Drew
Thanks for writing, Drew! If I had to guess, I'd say about 350 or so autos, with half of them being certified cards that were pack pulled at one time, and the other half being what I had him sign at his house.

I still think it is amazing how much the hobby has changed. It wasn't *too* terribly long ago that the crown jewel of a collection would be a single autograph. Now, we have to have hundreds? Jeesh.