Thread: Kreindleritis
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Graig Kreindler

Wow, I don't quite know what to say! I'm glad you were so pleased with the painting, Mark. Whether you decide to get anymore or not, I sincerely hope this one brings you enough joy for a lifetime.

Regarding the framing, well, it's really a personal choice. I really like how they look unframed myself, with the smooth gallery wrap of the linen and all. For whatever reason, it just always feels more like a piece of art to me, if that makes any sense. And honestly, there's something very appealing to me to see the raw linen show through on the sides.

But, that doesn't mean that it wouldn't look beautiful in the right frame. If you decided to go with one, usually simple, deep cherry-wood looks great. Of course, Dean could probably steer you in a good direction, too.

And worry not jacksons, your painting is actually going to be getting some good easel time over the next few weeks (probably starting the week after next), so expect some progress shots. Man, I hate being behind.

For the record, those wooden crates are ridiculous. Dean definitely knows how to pack 'em - they're probably bomb-proof like David said all those months back.

Thanks again for the really kind, thoughtful post, Mark. I like the idea of being an illness (I think). I can only hope that it's communicable, but not fatal.

Graig