View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 06:54 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishbob View Post
And you're right of course. I understand TriStar's model and I usually don't gripe (much) but I thought this last show was lacking in terms of dealers (I don't do the autographs). But all that is better discussed in a separate thread as you said. I hope to get up to the shows in the Dallas area one day soon.
BTW -- Darryl came up to Kyle's show again and Leon dropped by (Hi Leon!) and we discussed lightly this thread. He said something interesting in that he sets up at Tri-Star for 2 purposes

1) To make money

2) To promote his own shows and he says there is always a bump after a Tri-Star show because then as you mentioned, the whole experience goes from gas money and $27 before you step in the door to gas money only.

And he gets pretty good dealers.

And yes, we'd love to see you in Dallas, subtle plug -- the next show I run will be Labor Day Sunday and Monday for the Adat Chaverim brotherhood. We give everyone who comes in and pays the $1 suggested donation -- 100-200 cards in a bag and a prize slip. You might as well get some reward for your trip up

Rich