View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Hey Tim -

HAHA....I don't think that printing anomalies should add to the e98 checklist. Errors don't count, you'll still have to get the 4 background colors, however I believe that only INTENDED variations get added to the checklist. Not printing goofs and other error cards.

I agree, the Chase is seemingly pinkish in color but most of the others are completely without any sort of color. A couple reasons why I don't think these are faded...

- the photo quality is similar to e97 B&Ws. There is a lot of detail with these and the photos still look reasonably sharp. Faded cards are blurry and well....faded and much lighter than these are. If hypothetically speaking, the cards were say, left out in the sun and faded to the point where they lost all their color, wouldn't it be safe to say that they wouldn't still be as dark as these cards are?

- the captions are every bit as dark as e98s with color. If the cards had faded out, these would be lighter too.

- faded cards would still have some color...just lighter to a degree. With these cards, everything from the background, to the color on the face is a dull slate grey. Cards that are faded, wouldn't just simply turn grey in color.

I believe I used to own that green McGraw you showed. Kind of interesting that those seemingly missed the "flesh-colored" color pass...heh

Scott's argument is a feasible one I think. It seems that these cards might have been some sort of a "test run" that either saw no color passes or maybe just one, which would explain the Chase. The cards were then pulled and thrown in the discard pile where they were rescued, perhaps, and taken home.