View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 01:44 PM
Bob Davies

Several thoughts come into mind on this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
If we went to a store to buy something and we get to the register to pay and the item rings up significantly more than the posted price and the store refuses to honor their price, it might leave a bad taste in our mouth. If it happened on 2 separate occasions, then the customer has a legitimate complaint.
But if you went into the store, and it rings up incorrectly for a lower price, would one own up and say it rang up incorrectly?

If you walked out of the grocery store and noticed the toothpaste didn't ring up at all, would one go back in and pay for the toothpaste? I know I have, and one has to live with themselves and their decisions.

As for looking for deals on eBay, I find SP's on eBay from large dealers who price their SP commons the same as DP commons. I don't take the time to research with the seller that they know this particular '53 Topps common is an SP, and perhaps should be ten bucks more in this condition. I buy the card. I've also bought discounted lots where I really only wanted one card.

I've also been guilty of purchasing items that I later found out I could have had a little cheaper. Now I'm 98% a buyer on eBay, but I believe in my word. If I made a commitment to buy something, it should be honored.

Further, if I see three cards in the same condition on eBay, I'm gonna buy the least expensive. That should go without saying.

Finally, if the '52 Topps Mathews listed for $650, it had better be a real beater. But unless it should have been priced at $6500, or $560, or $5600, I struggle to see how the price should have been $1000 or something. That is really poor data entry...

Last edited by Stampsfan; 02-18-2016 at 01:53 PM.