View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Jerry.Gal.le.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by budob View Post
Very little information found on 3 full page photo series of boxers in this publication - "Gallery of Champions", "Gallery of Ring Greats", and "Gallery of Famous Fighters". I have 10 sdifferent of these pages and would like to identify the publication date for each as well as indications of value in crease free condition.

Any valid published resources on this?
Bud,

All of mine except two have come from complete magazines on eBay auctions. Many were obtained for $5 or less including postage. I set a personal limit of $10 including postage. The only exception to my limit was with covers of Marilyn Monroe and Mickey Mantle. My experience shows that the boxer highlighted in the Gallery has little or no effect on the price of the magazine.

I have seen individual boxers on eBay starting at $10 each with little or no action. You are better off buying the complete magazines.

I have not noted on my checklist which "Gallery" each picture belongs to, but I could probably put that together, but not this weekend.

Additionally, I have saved all the Table of Contents which will help identify the specific "Gallery".

Thanks for starting this post.