View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
If you had a dupe and it was a tough sell getting the money it once sold for but then seen a card you have coveted for a while and Stephen was interested in your trade, would you not go for it?

Like someone also mentioned, if you had $1000 in mulch that you couldn’t get rid of, would you not trade that for a $800 in gold?

Some will not of course, and that is their choice, but others will as they are tired of either trying to sell the card(s) they own or they see one Stephen has that they want more.

I currently need quite a few 52 Topps cards and if I had some dupes, that, cumulatively, were worth more than a card I have coveted for a while, then I more than likely would do that trade.
I understand someone willing to take a loss to make a trade, but they still aren't getting a fair trade. When the 76ers traded Wilt Chamberlain to the Lakers or the Bucks traded Kareem Abdul Jabbar to the Lakers, did they get fair trades? No, they wanted to move the players so they took less than fair market value to do so.