View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 09:12 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Call me a Pollyanna, but somehow I don't think coming in with both guns blazing is necessarily the best approach...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrys View Post
I wrote to Joe Orlando yesterday to inquire about the new way PSA has listed W600s on their pop chart. As follows:

Jerry Spillman 10:48 PM (21 hours ago)
to Joe

Hi Joe,

Just observed your latest graded W600 cabinets. Noticed the design type has been added to all these newly graded cabinets - after all these years. All the previously graded cabinets are now disregarded even though many are exactly the same design type. Why must rare cabinets deceptively made to appear unique on the PSA pop chart when they are not. Why be dishonest with the collector who depends on an unbiased pop list. SHAME.

In browsing the first few new W600s on the pop chart I find:

Frank Chance - Uniform-Type 1* - scan shows Chance in Street Clothes - not in uniform.
John Chesbro - NY AL Type 2 below John Chesbro NY AL - they could be the same type - making 1 of 1 false.
Ty Cobb - Type 4* ALL Cobb W600s are type 4. How can this new cabinet be different than the Cobb listed above this new 1 of 1?
Should I go on?

Jerry

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Joe Orlando 12:11 PM (8 hours ago)

to me

We can handle this over the phone.
You have my number.
Joe

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know the Chance picture is incorrect but that has nothing to do with PSA.

I called earlier today - no response.

Apparently he is not able to defend the change.
My gut tells me, Jerry, knows Joe, or has had similar interactions with him before?
Imo, being as they are PSA, I think the questions and the forwardness of them are not out of line at all as PSA should clearly be wise/knowledgeable and aware of what they have in front of them and what they have seen and have graded in the past. (JMO)

Last edited by irv; 07-21-2017 at 09:18 PM.