View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 12:22 PM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I do not own and operate an auction house that pledged to carefully review all cards under magnification worth over $500 and withdraw any card determined to be altered immediately.

I did not apply any diligence in rooting out LOTG issues. Both were pointed out to me privately by a collector who did not want his or her name associated with the issue. Probably due to the mob mentality around here, and responses like this and the ones above.

The alterations on the E95 and T3 Cobb are quite similar. Something was removed, and the card was damaged in the process. Both received numerical grades afterwards. Regardless of the AH selling, or timing and placement of the disclosure, there were plenty here saying the T3 Cobb did not belong in that 2 holder. PSA agreed. I have not seen anyone say the E95 Cobb doesn't belong in its 3 holder.

I know nothing about the market for tin advertising signs, and what's considered acceptable. I do find it quite interesting that someone was able to clean it using some method that experts around here seem to agree is fine, and add 10k of value in a few months.
Just curious - does this same collector point out issues from other auction houses to you?

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972