Thread: Casey Stengel?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Chuck Tapia

The signature looks perfect!

Sat next to the man in June of 1971 @ Dodger Stadium. He loved that our names were both Charles. He signed all over my Program "To Charles from Charles Casey Stengel, To Chuck from Casey Stengel". (Sadly lost the program in the 1990's.)

He was wearing a horse blanket leisure suit in 100 degree Sunday afternoon sun. I didn't know who he was at first but the look on my Grand-pa's face told me he was someone I should know. He signed for every kid that walked down to his seat to meet him that day. I didn't move from my seat the ENTIRE GAME.

I was in awe and hooked on baseball from then on reading and learning all I could about the players that came before! Now I can't watch the Dodgers for 4 years after having to watch the McCourt's drain the swamp and still own part of the parking lot. (where the imbeciles started)

I boycott autographs and most all the games too now. Watch Magic try to sell the Dodgers "being a partial owner figure head only" makes my skin crawl. I now hate magic too! Nobody mentions the jerk off anymore being part of the Dodgers. (I met Magic once before at Gladstones in Malibu at 2 AM with a girl on both arms)....But that's another story. Thanks Dodgers.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 09-23-2017 at 10:57 AM.