View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Barry Arnold

Default Conlon

Brian,
Thanks very much for the interest and information.
If you do know of catalogues that have the Conlon photos which are the bases for T206s, please let me know.
I have looked at the catalogues over the years and it was the last Legendary Auction that caught my eye with such an amazing offering of Type 1s. There was no mention of the various photos relating to the T206 cards themselves.
I must admit that I was not looking for anything in particular then noticed out of the corner of my eye that the Conlon looked remarkably like the T206 Tannehill (No L). I then examined it carefully and it was a match. Then i spent days looking at the Conlon's and found one more--the Killian. Quite exciting, I must say. Now this is 2 finds out of scores of photos in that catalogue.
Your ideas about lithography beyond the T206s yet T206 era are very interesting. Viewing the process via printing with the same equipment and technique would be quite fascinating and illuminating. Perhaps Jamie Hull will chime in and give us his reflections re:these arenas as he is our encyclopedia in this domain.
all the best,
Barry