View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 06:47 AM

Default Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDerhak View Post

And then, the lottery ticket....

No idea if they are Desert Shield or just plain ol' '91 Topps...2 of the boxes are sealed, two are not. If anybody knows how to tell the difference, please inform me. I looked at Houdinis break, and the box seemed to be identical to the regular '91 release...any help on these is greatly appreciated...

Anyway, thanks, hope I'm not breaking any rules with multiple photo posts to start, but I'm so damn excited about my find today I just have to share it!!!

Thanks for the heads up on the thread guys. Rob, nice find. The DS boxes I have seen look like the regular 1991 Topps boxes. Are your boxes wrapped in cello? I have not seen DS boxes wrapped in cello - other than BBCE certified boxes (see below). DS boxes will look exactly the same as regular issues 1991 Topps boxes - even the 4 yellow bordered 1991 Topps cards printed on the bottom of the boxes do not have a DS logo on them.

One of the ways you can tell a DS pack is to use a strong blacklight and shine it on the back of the pack. The red trim on the reverse of DS cards should glow or fluoresce; if it doesn't it is likely not a DS pack. However, if every pack in the box glows or fluoresces, there is a high probability it is a DS box. Here is a pic of "sealed" Desert Shield boxes by BBCE (below).

Z
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DS Sealed Box.jpg (68.4 KB, 796 views)

Last edited by Zach Wheat; 07-24-2015 at 09:55 AM.