View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Default Too many off topics again....suggestions?

Posted By: greg

Fist let me apologize to Dan for mentioning the photo thing. Dan, I certainly didn't mean to imply that the issue of photographs was the main issue Leon was driving at. I'm really sorry I dragged you into this, it certainly wasn't my intention. I only used the photos as a reference, along with a pennant and uniform, to express how interesting these subjects are, amd have all the relavance in the world to pre-war cards and baseball in general (dare I say even more so?). We can all certainly learn a lot from a variety of topics. I know I have.

Second, let me express how ridiculous I feel even responding to all of the replies I've seen as I have now also been sucked into the vortex of insecurities that is so prominant in this forum. Good Lord people, are pre-war artifacts that scarey or boring? Exactly how many times can one talk about a Red Back Cobb?

Third, Two responded that they feel Cabinet Cards, e.g., are OK but other stuff is better left somewhere else....

Do you think others may have a different opionion? Do you think someone out there would be opposed to seeing what other members in this forum have in their collection that could just as well be seen the National Hall of Fame?

Anyway, enough of my wasting any of your time. I apologize to you all. In no way, shape, or form should a guest to a forum start imposing how things are to be done. That is not my intention.

Dan, I'll see you on the dark side in the other forum where nobody bitches and moans and everybody seems to be friends. Keep those photos coming. Great stuff.

Nuf 'Ced on this end. (Too bad he was never on a baseball card, can't talk about him here). No More from me.

Greg

Edited to say Corey and I were probably typing at the same time and I like the way he thinks. Good post.