View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwilk17 View Post
I do not agree with Andrew regarding crossing cards SGC cards to PSA. I have submitted many cards for crossover from SGC and a quite a few from BVG. I wrote a post about this once before. Less than half of these cards have crossed over at an equal grade. The majority will not cross over without being bumped DOWN 1/2 to 1 full grade. I will not buy SGC cards for crossover any more at all to expect an equal grade because I know it isn't going to happen (not on higher grade 7-8's anyway). I do buy SGC cards and expect that I can cross them over if I write on the submission form that I am willing to take a 1/2 point drop.

I am just going to voice my opinion (my opinion only, if anyones else feels this way or doesn't that is their opinion) only about this matter. I think PSA won't cross SGC cards because they will have to eat the fact that SGC's card in most cases are accurate grades thus forcing them to actually increase the grade to match the other overgraded cards they have out there. If they leave it the same you have a grade 4 SGC card in a PSA 4 slab that looks much better than most of the other PSA 4's out there. I would rather have a set of cards that are graded hard and worthy of the grades (some I think are below) than a bunch of cards that are overgraded and skeptical of the grade given.

Here is the best example of an over graded card I could find (courtesy of Ebay). This card exhibits staining(which I know is common for PB backed T205's but still counts against them), border chipping, centering, and corners. Card is a 7 grade not an 8. Here is my SGC 7 Johnson. Card has border chipping, and is MC. I guess I should submitt it to PSA as an 8 and complain and whine till they give it to me (I hear this work sometimes)

To the original poster I am glad you decided to keep the card in the SGC slab. It presents alot better with the Black border. Best of luck to you on you continued Journey of the Monster and don't give up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brown Psa 8.jpg (35.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Brown psa 8 1.jpg (44.5 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg johnson 5.jpg (76.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg johnson 6.jpg (76.2 KB, 44 views)