Thread: PSA 10s
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 10:19 AM
bobby

Default 70s and 80s cards

in 2002 I sold a PSA 10 Henderson rc for under $200. no I don't have one? from 1989 to 2003. I opened a card shop in the front of my office. just because I could. it never made any money I gave away more cards to kids than I sold. the one thing I did do a lot off was buy and open wax boxes.
cards like Henderson, Brett, Ripken, Montana and many other rcs that I do have multiples off. that i put straight from the pack to a holder. over the past 10 years i would have and did say to anyone that knows about the uncountable cards i have. that they are not worth what you think they are.
i don't have one but a month ago i seen a Rose rc selling for $150,000? even then i had no idea Henderson was $125,000 didn't even think of looking.
maybe with some grading luck that i have never had i do have a lot of pack fresh cards from the 70s and 80s that might be worth investing a couple bucks in grading fees. and with some grading luck maybe i got a $100,000 dollar card?.
when I closed the store as many of you might remember Tuff Stuff magazine had a deal for 3 cards from BCCGS $10 bucks each. I sent a lot of cards off I never got a 10. I bought some. $200 for a high grade Ripken rc. was a good sale. I did get $750.00 for a 9.5 A.Rod die cut on e bay one of only a handful graded that high. hundred thousand maybe a mantle rc. I didn't have one still don't. Ricky who just saying they didn't sell.
I now how hard it is to get a 10 when I had the store I told people you want a ten buy one .

Last edited by minibatsman; 09-13-2016 at 01:08 PM.