View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 06:42 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Mike,
Admittedly I have seen a stub to Catfish Hunter's perfect game sell for in $4K range (large catalogue auction with a vintage signed Catfish Hunter ball), that is certainly the exception, not the rule.
Be patient, my friend...

Under $1500 is more in the normal range, from my personal experience.
FYI, I sold a duplicate stub that I had in my collection in NMT condition to another collector for $1200 within the last 2-3 years.

My 2 cents:
A lot of people list things on eBay for crazy prices that will never be realized, making it more of a museum than the online active auction site that started the whole thing...
Looks like you're right. I saw another one that sold for over 3k, and then that one that I posted...but looking at 3 past auctions in the last 4 years I see that they went for anywhere from 1200 - 1800, which is actually not too bad. Maybe back in my sights after all. LOL I don't know about you Scott, but I have noticed a recent trend in some "famous" tickets to have the lowest prices I've seen in a long time. I'm thinking that some of baseball's famous or infamous events are not as appreciated by the younger collectors. Either that or maybe the ticket prices are coming back to earth when not sold for several years.
1955 Dodger Autographs...41/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete