View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 02:29 PM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricesquad View Post
I'm not sure I know enough about grading to sell the cards over the internet here. I feel like posting clear scans on ebay would be the best route rather than guess the condition and sell someone on here a card that ends up being not as nice as they expected due to my eye for cards not being the greatest.

Probably be a long term process but I'm not really in a hurry and I'll get an excuse to spend more time with my dad anyways.
Most collectors on Net54 are rather experienced at buying and selling, which I gather you are getting. Most will work with you on a BST sale as we all know about this thread! That means you will more than likely get a good price at minimal cost AND RISK to you. There are threads here over and over talking about how eBay can be....not very good in dealing with unscrupulous buyers, in your case, who may try and take advantage of a new seller (never got the card, want my money back, changed my mind, not paying) or ANY seller, and leave you with no recourse. That is much less likely here. Have you met and/or talked with Leon? He is a great resource and is another person who will have your, and Net54's back.

As far as condition, clear scans go a long way for a seller and buyer. The one comment I would make may be a card with a wrinkle, loss of paper or such that is not clearly seen on a scan. In my case I am targeting ungraded cards for my postwar collection, for the most part. A clear scan and honest seller goes a long way with many of us. You'll get all kinds here, graded card, ungraded card, green tint collectors, Bazooka and Post collectors, guys chasing Exhibits, and of course player collectors ( I am a Clemente guy!). Dealers, too. BTW, ALL and I mean ALL of my transactions on Net54 have been positive, including a few that ended up going sideways (keep in touch, talk, it'll all work out is my attitude, and they have). My negative experiences have all been on eBay, but that is just me.

Maybe try the BS&T and eBay. Many sellers try a sale here and then move to eBay if a card gets no action. Costs you nothing but time and effort on the BST.

Guess this is my way of saying I hope this all goes well for you and your Dad! Have fun!

Keith
...whatever I want

Last edited by drmondobueno; 11-11-2016 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Sssspelingh