View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I have to say RunScott made the best point about this in another thread: If you've made up your mind that the card is worth $100, but if the last $50 is because you've been shilled, you are paying $50 more than the card is worth!! Many seem to think that's OK, and that's their choice. But I agree with Scott that it seems crazy. (Not saying many of the things I do don't seem crazy, like spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on $10 baseballs with scribbles on them!)

Ken
Exactly. Shilling is built into all the prices we believe are fair and reasonable prices. We all overpay on everything we buy.

The auction houses hide it. Nobody complains because we don't see it.

Ebay condones it because it increases their profits. That is all Ebay cares about.

Many of us punish Probestein and PWCC by not bidding because we feel it is wrong that they clearly do nothing and likely engage in it themselves.

My question for all of the Probestein and PWCC haters (me included) is that shouldn't we also be boycotting Ebay?

I can't wait to see a class action lawsuit against Ebay. That will be a happy day for me.