View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 11:23 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Beldini View Post
Hi. Relatively new to the grading thing. Recently sent a bunch of cards into PSA. Happy with some results. Disagree with some... but all-in-all the grades were close to what I expected... except for 5 or 6 1971 Topps cards which were all spectacular and I thought that without question, they'd grade out at least 8. They all came back 7's. My 2 questions: I'd like to know, assuming it's the same card, 1) would you prefer a beautiful card in a PSA 7 holder or a SGC 8 holder? ...and question 2) would you prefer that card in a PSA 7 holder or a SGC 7.5 holder? These cards are so sharp that I have little doubt they'd get a bump if I were to send to SGC. Please advise.
Well now, if I am buying them for my PC then it does not matter who graded them. If I got a good price for the one I bought, yeah me, and it comes out of the holder and into the binder regardless of who graded it.

If I was working on a graded set, again regardless of who graded it, If I started out with either PSA or SGC, that is how I would complete the set. Not gonna mix and match.

As for crossover grading from PSA to SGC or vice versa. I would not do it, especially with how SGC has tightened up their grading process now. In fact I would not count on SGC coming out higher than PSA at this point in time. Recent postings here have provided enough empirical evidence for me to make the assumption that SGC would actually end up downgrading a crossover then going the other way.

YMMV

Cheers.

Butch

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.