View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 12:28 AM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Being in the Hall of Fame is an honor not a right. It's bad enough, we can't look at the All-Time Lists the same anymore...those responsible should not be rewarded for that.
Couldn't agree more. Nobody is taking anything from these guys. They have their records, their awards, their millions of dollars, their fans (apparently, as so many are willing to forgive and refuse to hold them accountable for their actions) and they aren't banned from the game and can hold jobs in baseball. Why bestow the greatest honor the game has to give on these guys when they tarnished it by cheating? I see a lot of people say "I don't condone cheating..." followed almost immediately by "but they should be in." Anyone who thinks they should receive this honor is absolutely condoning cheating, because that's saying it's ok to cheat as long as it makes you really, really good. It's hero worship and it's sickening. These guys made the conscious decision to cheat. Let them lie in the bed they made. The Olympics strip cheaters of their medals, and have done so for years, it's embarrassing it took baseball as long as it did to address the issue.

Oh, and thinking these guys were HOFers before using is pure speculation. Nobody knows when they started using, period. And nobody knows what they would've done had they not used. The idea that Topps or anyone thinks they can extrapolate the stats is ridiculous. Look at Don Mattingly, sure fire future HOFer until his back gave out, then he stuck around and had subpar seasons (by his standards, many players would've killed for a down Mattingly year) and now his HOF chances are non-existent. Nothing saying the same wouldn't have happened to Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Manny, etc. We don't know, we'll never know, and the players that cheated are to blame for that.

No to both, I hope they never even get close.

Last edited by dgo71; 12-31-2016 at 12:32 AM.