View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 07:02 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

I've been gone the past 3.5 weeks on a great adventure. Helping my oldest son (in picture) move his wife and three kids (7, 5, 3 months) from Vail Colorado to Napa California. Think 26 foot U-Haul towing one vehicle, and me at the wheel of the "family truckster" with the grandkids

I enjoyed keeping up with all the activities here on Net54, and am REALLY looking forward to Tuesday when I can pick up all the mail the USPO is holding for me
I flew into Denver, and my son picked me up at the airport. Before heading into the mountains leading to Vail, we made one last stop at what I consider the best "brick and mortar" baseball card shop in America. Bill's Sports Collectibles on S. Broadway.
I picked up three SP (divisible by three) hits 1948 Bowman, and if you can overlook the little bit of vintage tape, these are really nice! They were priced at $10 each (10% NM "book") before discounts.

I took this photo on my morning "power walk" in their new neighborhood in Napa California. Using my iPhone and it is not photoshopped it is SO beautiful there!

Larry