View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 08:50 PM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffects View Post
Well, I was gonna write that since that "Williams" looks like the classic forgery that has been around for years, I doubt the other two's authenticity as well. I would never touch a Williams with the classic big "L L"s.

Great analysis by Larry Rosenbaum:

In the case of Ted Williams autographs, with the exception of the capital “W” in Williams, Ted would consistently make the size of all the letters in his last name nearly the same exact size. Most telling is the “illia”, with the “l”s just ever so slightly taller than the “i”s, and the “a” as tall as the “l”s. Try as they may, most forgers simply can’t undo years of training and habit causing their “l”s to be significantly taller than their “i”s, and their “a” significantly shorter than their “l”s. Williams also connected the “W” in “Williams” to the “ed” in “Ted” with a swirl that gave forgers difficulty in replicating in the same, easy, flowing movement as appears in authentic examples.

Do you realize that this thread is over a year old?! Also, the autographs are authentic. Nothing to question. Especially since they were purchased from Jim Stinson.