View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 11:23 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4scuda View Post
I got a call from an auctioneer who has a consignor that used to work for hartland. He had some original bats and photos from Hartland factory and displays of sales setups for the western series and horses. He also has a lucite bat from hartland. Just wondering if anyone had ever heard of this and should I try to procure.
Hi Mark:

Curious, is the consignor from Wisconsin or Missouri?

All of the original molds, paint masks/molds, etc. were passed onto to Stevens Mfg. in Missouri from Hartland WI. where they were able to issue some product before a massive flood wiped them out. I have photos from inside that factory showing many of the things you describe.

As for the bat, a few things come to mind. Frank Fulop used a TON of lucite mostly as bases for statues, but I would not put it past him for making a bat to see what it looked like. He made molds for parts etc. and sold them over the years and/or added them to statues he sold.

I have a prototype of a SOLID Maris that was acquired from a Hartland mold makers son. For the prototype the base was actually what appears to be glass that was then painted to look like a batters box with home plate. My thinking there is perhaps the bat was used for such a model. However, I know of no Hartland issued with a lucite bat. I highly doubt it is original

If you could get photos of not just the bat, but the other things you mentioned, I would love to see them. Feel free to PM me.

Best,

Fred