View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Dave Becker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagevault13 View Post
I am beginning my journey to complete the 1970 Topps set. It seems as if this is one of the least popular Topps sets. I have read various reasons for this, but I would like to hear from some of you that like the set and why.

Thanks
Go for it! This is an under-appreciated set with great photography. I personally think the overall design is below average for Topps but the
photos overcome it. The gray borders don't bother me as much as the blah script lettering.

If you love a set, whatever the reasons, the card design issue just gets pushed aside. My favorite is 1968 and most collectors seem to dislike the burlap/wheatina borders. I don't even SEE those borders --just the great photos (amidst the numerous headshot and airbrushed caps. lol).

"Collectors were supposedly enjoying the pure hobby of baseball card collecting, but they were also concerned with the monetary value of their collections." House of Cards by John Bloom, 1997.