View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Default eBay has to be managed by its enemies... tell me more about other auction sites

Posted By: Stephen Mitchell

Thanks to Roger for the tip that www.ebay.ca still retains the "old" format. But for how long? Hopefully at least until tomorrow. I spent at least an hour longer working with and against the "new" system today.

As an earlier poster indicated, the official word from eBay is that less than 10% of us apparently object (i.e. do not use) the new version (until mandated yesterday). Below is a copy of the official eBay edict:

Renee VonBergen
Hi everyone!
This is Renée from eBay Product Management. Last November we announced we would be retiring the old version of My eBay on January 20th. More than 90% of eBay members currently use the new My eBay already, but if you are one of the remaining 10% who have not made the switch, we encourage you to give it a try in the next few days.

I must say that the statement about "the remaining 10%" seems highly suspicious and smacking of official government statistics - especially as concerns inflation. In any event, I do not consider this Progressive in the truest sense of the term.