View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 07:00 PM
Rob

Brian,
Thanks for the response. We must be about the same age, I was six in 1970 and started collecting football 1971 and pulled my first Johnny that year. That's great you are doing your own run.
I really hadn't counted the years, it sure is hard to believe its been that long since he passed. They loved him in Baltimore and I do love seeing the "19" on the sidelines at the Ravens stadium.
You are right, it certainly would have been nice to have a few more attractive cards. That '60 shown above just came today, and I waited a long time to find one that was at a price I was willing to pay for that particular card.
As far as favorites go, I do like that '58, but really like the '64 and '66 Philly issues as well. Of course, the RC is probably my favorite card in all of my collections, both because of the card it is and how I acquired it. Short version is that I showed up at my local shop one day and someone had just brought in an almost complete set of '57s along with a bunch of extras including three Unitas RCs. The set and all the extras were just like mine in really nice shape. I oohed and awed over them for awhile, and just in conversation told the owner who I've known for quite some time now which one of the RCs I liked the best. I came home and raved to my wife about what he had at the shop and never thought another word about it. Fast forward to Christmas day and there it was, from my wife.
Thanks again for the post and good luck with picking up the ones you need.

Rob