View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 04:12 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I used to get so excited about Topps Series 1 release day. In fact, I'd make sure to take the afternoon off work. That way if I ordered a case, and it came in, I could break it. If I didn't get a case, I could go to the LCS and bust a few boxes with other guys that collect it then trade off doubles and extras to try and make sets.

Then I found vintage. Despite being on Twitter and seeing Series 1 updates and seeing them on Beckett, BO and other places, I have had no desire to bust any of it. I decided in August to move out of modern all together (I have with the exception of my Rangers PC, which I'm sorting to sell now) and make the move solely to vintage. I love that decision. Best decision I ever made as far as cards ... that and to quit busting 1990 Topps looking for the Frank Thomas NNOF card, haha.

All that said, I am anxiously waiting for the day pitchers and catchers report. I still love the game, just don't enjoy collecting the game by today's card standards. I've already taken off for Opening Day in case the Rangers are at home. If not, I'll watch them on my laptop hooked up to a smaller TV next to my big screen, and I'll be watching several other games (split screen) on my MLB.tv device which will be hooked up to the bigger TV. I absolutely love opening day. One of the best days of the year behind Christmas.

Last edited by wdwfan; 01-31-2018 at 04:13 PM.