View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
I did skip this show because of the upcoming National in Baltimore. Two years ago, under the same circumstances, The Chantilly show was perhaps the worst I had ever had there in 15 years, and I realized afterwards what had happened: some collectors had skipped the show because they would be seeing the same dealers, and 500 more, in Baltimore three weeks later. And from my viewpoint, I will be surely be seeing the same collectors there. And, though it's a small thing, Marco's elimination of the early payment discount for table fees clinched it for me. Just one more slap in the face for us little guys, with nothing to show for it in return. This is what happened to the Philly show when Hunt took it over and immediately priced half the dealers out. Brilliant. I'm not sure that show will survive much longer, and if Marco is OK with his autograph lineup together with some supplies dealers making up the "show," that's what he'll end up with at Chantilly.
I agree totally. In the past, as a collector, I'd skip the show too for the reason mentioned. I understand why the dealers do to. Maybe Marco shouldn't have it so close to the National. The show has always been more of an autograph show and I think that will continue.