View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:33 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Speaking as a seller, if a buyer wants to get their money back for an eBay transaction, they will. It doesn't matter what the seller's return policy is, and I'm really not sure why eBay even allows sellers to state a Return Policy, because I've never seen a case where it had any bearing on eBay's decision to force a refund.

If your reason is as you laid out, you will certainly be able to file an Item Received Is Not As Described complaint and get your money back (though I would hope that you would contact the seller and try to work out a refund man-to-man before having eBay force the issue).

From my experience, a buyer can also force a refund if:
1) They say something is fake, citing evidence that is clearly disproven in the 1st photo
2) They live in another country and don't think delivery should take more than a week
3) Their buddy (not a reputable authenticator) isn't sure about the autograph
4) They find a better deal on the same item elsewhere
5) They didn't read the description or look at the photos
6) _______________ (Fill in your own non-reason here. It really doesn't matter what reason they give, as eBay's cure-all solution is to give the buyer their money back, including original shipping costs, upon return of the item to the seller.)