View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 04:27 AM
Brad Green

I was given my first pack of baseball cards in 1975. I remember that. It was at my friend's birthday party. Her dad gave me the pack. I loved those cards and looked at them often. I think I still have them somewhere.

I started really buying packs of cards in 1978 when I was 7 seven years old. I really loved the look of the 1978 Topps cards (and still do today). I remember buying another pack in early 1979. I guess I hadn't learned at that point when the change over in packs went from one year to the next, but I realized that the cards in the pack in 1979 weren't the same great looking cards that I got the year before. I remember being sad about that.

My most memorable pull from a pack was a 1980 Topps Willie Stargell. It was one of the last cards that I needed from that set. As a Pirates fan, I was super excited. I opened the pack in a dark car after just buying it. It was really hard to tell in the dark, but I was pretty sure it was Willie Stargell. I was so excited. I will never forget that feeling!