View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 12:38 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post
From talking to heads of auction houses, one of the challenges in trying to specialize in football is that football collectors tend to hoard items much more than baseball collectors do. Perhaps its because the prices are much lower but you don't see as many football collectors selling things to buy others things like you do in baseball.

Because of this, there just isn't nearly enough football stuff being turned over every year to have many auction houses that can specialize in football.

jeff
This exactly. As a football collector, along with many other things, I can go years or decades without seeing one item I am interested in for specific collecting areas. Some of most early items are literally one of a kind and no hardcore collector sells one of a kind items that they love. You'll never have a chance to buy it back.

I recently sold a rare item from my personal collection that I liked, but the buyer stepped up and made a very strong offer and we were able to agree on th deal. The item was from my team, but an away game. Still one of a kind, but it fit better in his collection and I was fine with it.

I wish there was more stuff out there as it's tough to collect items like that and still keep your interest strong. Jason