View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 05:13 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
The flaw is assuming space has something to do with the probability a baseball will land where someone isn't. Having space does not dictate where a ball goes. Also the outfield is not so significantly larger than any other stadium, nor is it the largest. Winning a batting title requires you to do more than hit a ball into the outfield.
I am still missing it. Suppose you had only two outfielders. Teams obviously would hit for a higher average than against three outfielders as more balls would fall in, no? So isn't having three outfielders who have to cover more real estate just an extension of the same concept albeit on a lesser scale? Maybe it isn't enough of a difference to matter, but that is a different question than the basic concept.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-25-2016 at 05:15 PM.