View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Default Beware ebay seller "justizzle3". Our scans got stolen.

Posted By: Joann

This is what amazes me about ebay. He set a min bid of $30K, so he was clearly trying to steal at least that much, if not more, from a buyer. That is not a guess. That is not speculation about his intent. It's right there - $30K min - and he set it.

If someone breaks into a house, grabs $30K but doesn't make it out the door, the justice system vigorously pursues it. If someone grabs a $30K car and drives off, the police are called and will expend some fairly serious manpower to try to find the person.

Here? It's almost no-harm-no-foul. He gets kicked off ebay? What? That this is a blatant attempt at $30K theft is obvious and documented. Doesn't ebay have contact info for its members? If they don't give it up pursuant to a court order, they are aiding a criminal, right?

t206museum, I'd try to find out what it takes to get a criminal investigation, starting with an order for ebay to turn over relevant info about this person. Hell, I'd even kick in a few bucks for it!!! At minimum demand that ebay freeze that page in its current state so if the seller gets wind of this he can't go back and change the description, minimum bid, scans, etc.

Really - sorry for the soapbox - but police chase people when they try, but fail, to pop a liquor store for $100. How is it that 4- and 5-digit attempted crimes only get a sheepish grin and a shrug, w/ebay privileges lost???

Unless this is a hijacked account, or the seller has some other very good explanation, he should be thrown in jail.

OK. I'm done now.

Joann