Thread: Mlb hof tracker
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgo71 View Post
I will never understand why Schilling gets so much HOF talk. In 20 years he had 6 seasons I'd consider spectacular. That's including 3 years in Philly when he had great seasons with a bad team. Outside of those and his 3 20-game win seasons (none of which garnered him a Cy Young Award, he finished 2nd each time) his career was positively average at best. Being dominant in 15% of your career and only good the rest of the time doesn't scream HOFer to me. I guess the argument could be made that less deserving players are already in but I don't believe past mistakes should condone making repeated mistakes.
If you like WAR, he has that.

Only one presumably clean pitcher has 3000 strikeouts, eligible for the Hall and not in, that's Schilling.

Outside of the surprise pennant in 1993, the Phillies didn't do much. He was the 1990s version of Felix Hernandez, if you ask me. The game has evolved considerably from when he pitched in Philly.

Don't forget the 123 ERA+.

Curt Schilling the person belongs in the Hall of Shame. Curt Schilling the pitcher belongs in the Hall of Fame.