View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 04:26 PM
pete ullman

I also agree with the sentiment any "trade" threads should be in the bst...but I also see that there isnt much to talk about in the vintage world that hasn't already been talked about...so to remain relevant this site has to allow off topic stuff on the front page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Well, I've never met any board members in person, but I believe most of them to be good folks.

I try not to irk anyone, but probably go for punch lines too often. It's a real charge to have someone laugh at something that is intended that way.

As for the trade-up thread, I said from the beginning that I thought it belonged on BST, since the 'T' stands for trade.

As far as the concept of trading up or down is concerned, I still will take a loss to get a card I want....

I recently sold a card on EBAY in order to pay the amount I had in that card for another card just because I wanted it more...my original card is worth more, and, even though I made enough profit to pay the same for the new card, I paid more than I should have. Confused? Me too.

...in other words, my emotions sometimes dictate what I purchase.

...and that possibility is what Stephen seems to be depending on.

I have not noticed the set-break thread, but again, if it is also a trade setup, I believe BST is the proper place for it as well.

I have learned through my own frustrations that the 'S' in BST seems to be thought of as a bargain price area and you should not look to get high profits for even high-end items.

There is nothing wrong with other folks learning the same way I did that large amounts of money will almost never change hands on BST.

I'd say, if you see something you think is outrageously priced, just ignore it and see if the seller comes to a better understanding of where they are trying to do business.

Well, that's my 20 cents and it's no doubt worth less than that to some no offense was intended - just my cleaning out the cranium a little.

Thanks,
Raymond