View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 04:49 PM

Default Desert Shield Help Please

Fellow community members,

It has been a long time since I posted in this forum. I hope you guys can help me out.

I recently purchased a 1991 Desert Shield Chipper Jones card. I love this parallel set and I agree with what I read on the PSA website about these desert shield cards - "Topps had a great idea and brought a new meaning to the term "Pre-War cards." I am excited to have found a raw copy because most of these cards are graded when they do surface. I made this purchase on the bay and this seller has also listed many other desert shield cards for sale. Also, he appears to own a memorabilia shop in the south and his feedback on ebay is impeccable.

I have no reason to doubt the authenticity of this card, however I know there are a lot of risks involved in purchasing a raw high end card and I want to ensure I am not overlooking anything.

Right off the bat the logo has a rounded bottom as you can clearly see. Also, the tip of the lowest leaf is right in between the letters "R" and "A." I actually just ordered a UV flashlight so I can make certain that the back of the card fluoresces after hitting it with black light. I do not know if it worth purchasing a loupe that I may not use much to determine if I can see a clear row of stars in the flag.

Please check out the scans below of the card and let me know what you think. Do you think this card is authentic? Is there anything else I should consider as well?

Thank you in advance.