View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 07:33 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
I've had a subscription for years because it is one of the titles that is always in the list for those Mags for Miles promotions that let you use airline miles for magazine subscriptions. I would rather cut them with a paper cutter, right along the perforations, to get a nice, clean cut, rather than end up with the fuzzy, torn edges. However, I found that COMC will not accept perforated cards that have been cut. They will only accept them if torn because apparently PSA considers a hand cut (or in any way cut) perforated card as "altered". Apparently people tried submitting some of these types of cards to PSA and BGS and were rejected, so they demanded refunds for the cards from COMC. Really annoyed me because I had sent in some 100 carefully cut cards from the last few years.
I agree with PSA. These were meant to be separated by hand. Anything else therefore is altering them.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.