View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 08:52 AM
Evan M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
What a great card, I also saw it at the National and it's really stunning.

I'd be more interested in - why Heritage?

Maybe Evan can't really discuss that, or wouldn't necessarily want to, which I would get.

But if he could/would, I wouldn't mind hearing how that decision was made. Why not PWCC or someone else via eBay (I remember all the special attention when the Superman comic was auctioned via eBay). Maybe Memory Lane? I might be leaving one or two other options out, but it's certainly a short list of 4-5 choices.

I don't imagine it was just as simple as say lowest sellers premium, because each of these auction houses also have different rules. I couldn't bid on this, but Heritage is always a bummer for me in Texas because I get hit with the sales tax - as a result I rarely end up winning auctions there but I'm 2nd/3rd quite often.

Anyway, just wondering.
These are good questions, there are a few factors that led to me choosing Heritage.
1. I ultimately decided to sell the card to buy family our dream home and HA had no problem advancing me the money to do so.
2. I thought that Heritage would be the best at getting the exposure the card deserves. I use PWCC and Probstein for the vast majority of my sales but I didn't want to roll the dice in such a limited time frame of 10 days. I do recall the Action Comics #1 CGC 9.0 you're referring to that was auctioned on eBay so the idea of PWCC or someone else on eBay is not asinine.
3. I had a nice discussion with Chris Ivy at HA and proposed the crytpocurrency idea which could open the door to a few more bidders. Him being receptive to that helped my decision.
4. And lastly, as this card is auctioning, I'm like a kid in a candy store bidding in their auction.

I did consider other auction houses like Goldin since they've done some impressive numbers on elite items. In the end, my gut was to go to HA and let it fly no reserve. Whatever happens, this is a really fun experience.