View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Default Film of 62' World Series by ABC Sports

Posted By: CarltonHendricks

I met a guy that said he has vintage original ABC Sports film of the 1962 World Series...can anybody give me a ball park figure of it's value? I think he said it was 16mm, and he does have a projector to go with it. background below:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 1962 World Series matched the defending champion New York Yankees against the San Francisco Giants, who had won their first NL pennant since moving from New York in 1958, defeating the Los Angeles Dodgers in a three-game playoff.

This Series, which was closely matched in every game, is remembered for its then-record length of thirteen days, caused by rain in both cities, and its appropriately dramatic conclusion. The Yankees took the Series in seven games for the twentieth championship in team history. To put it another way, the Yankees had won their first World Series in 1923, so of the 40 Series played during 19231962, the Yankees had won half of them.

The Giants had a better team batting average, earned run average, hit more home runs, triples, and doubles, yet lost the Series.